DGVOODOO ZIP FILE WHAT FILES ARE NEEDED?

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Répondre
Richard

DGVOODOO ZIP FILE WHAT FILES ARE NEEDED?

Message par Richard »

Greetings, I have been unable to get POD working on my P4 running windows XP. I followed these instructions:
http://home.t-online.de/home/hbredel/PO ... glish.html
I am pretty sure my problem is not knowing what files to use on the dgVoodoo 1.30 zip file. There are many files:
DGVOODOOsetup.exe, glide2x.dll, glide2x.ovl, dgvoodoo.exe, dgvoodoosetup.exe.manifest, glide.dll. What I really need to know is what files to use from this zip and exactly where to copy them on windows XP.
I tried unzipping all of them to the C:\UBISOFT\POD2 directory and running the dgvoodoosetup.exe. Maybe I only needed to unzip a few of these files to that folder? I need some real details to get this done. The first thing was to copy glide.dll driver and the sst1init.dll to the system32 folder. After that, I installed pod with the Medium installation for MMX with 3Dfx. The installation was successful. Then I installed the 3DFX patch for POD (23MB) to upgrade it to version 2.0. I changed the color of my graphics card to 16bit. Then I installed the P4 patch for pentium 4 systems. I right clicked the pod3DFX .exe and selected compatability mode for WIN 95. The game will not run. What could be wrong? If someone can specify in more detail how to get this game installed I would appreciate it. I have a 13 year old nephew who is driving me crazy to play the game. I love the gane also.
Thank You
zlatan24

Re: DGVOODOO ZIP FILE WHAT FILES ARE NEEDED?

Message par zlatan24 »

In computer there are many types of files,but zip files are one of the best popular for users,consequently they have many problems when in use,and in this condition for solve problem I advise to use-fix winzip files,tool is reliable in my view and has free status as far as I know,it supports Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003, Windows Vista,fix valid archive error winzip is known by its friendly graphic interface, that permits to work with this tool without good computer skills,recovery algorithms of fix valid archive error winzip, that are used simultaneously, this program permits to reach the minimal loss of your data, stored in damaged archive.
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

:grognon non:
Mercury

Message par Mercury »

I believe only two files are required for POD:
-glide2x.dll
-dgvoodoosetup.exe
Répondre