Widescreen Compatibility?

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Répondre
RaiseHell

Widescreen Compatibility?

Message par RaiseHell »

Does someone use a 16:10 widescreen LCD and already played POD with it? Is it possible?

Thanks.
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

I don't think that pod supports any resolution other than 640*480 and 800*600...
RaiseHell

Message par RaiseHell »

So, any idea of what would happen if I'd play POD on a 1920x1200 widescreen LCD?

Will POD only be displayed as a small area on the screen but with proper proportions or will it be stretched to full screen which would result in distortions (circles would become ovals)?

By the way, with dgVoodoo you can play POD at resolutions higher than 800x600, currently I'm playing it at 1280x960. (But I guess you already knew that and just forgot about it.)
Mercury

Message par Mercury »

Depends on what dgVoodoo is set to and what options your monitor has.

I think dgVoodoo will allow you to set a widescreen resolution if your monitor supports it. This will distort the image.

If you set a standard aspect ratio resolution in dgVodoo, and your monitor has the option of how to scale, you'll get the choice of being able to have the image stretched to fit (distorted), and having it fill the screen vertically with black bars on the left and right.
RaiseHell

Message par RaiseHell »

Oh, okay, thanks for clarifying that, Mercury.
Invité

Message par Invité »

I use dgVoodoo wrapper and I can play with 1680x1050 and it does not seem deformed.
Mercury

Message par Mercury »

That's becasue the environments in POD aren't very regular so they tolerate some distortion pretty well. It is distorted, you just don't notice it unless you're looking at something that's upposed to be square or circular.
Amazo_Phanto

Message par Amazo_Phanto »

Can confirm this too... I also have a 1680*1050 monitor and Pod generally handles the upscaling okay.

Another thing you could possibly do is poke around in your graphics driver options and set it to center output instead of scaling up to the whole screen... this however will give you a very tiny box in the centre of your monitor :P

In other news: Im back :P
Répondre