POD3 Project

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Mercury

Message par Mercury »

Skubi,

at this point there are very few people left who have interest in POD, and I don't know of any other places besides this forum and Bandie's where they hang out.

I think anything that keeps people interested in POD is a good thing. If some fool who can't put in the effort creates a modified version of a track that end up being crap, then so what? Then no one will play the crap track and there is no problem.

I really don't understand why you want to discourage people from messing around with POD, as that in itself can be fun and keep people interested.
RaiseHell

Message par RaiseHell »

Mercury, now it's my turn to agree with you. ;-)

Skubidou, I never thought about the problem that people could start to cheat once the BLx format would be publicly known.

I mean, let's face it: there's hardly anyone left who's still playing POD. Maybe around 10 to 15 people? I very much doubt that anyone would start to cheat in a game that's 10 years old. I mean, what for? There's no price to win, no fame to gain. Those who still race on IO do it because they love POD, not because they were waiting 10 years just to start cheating.
Invité

Message par Invité »

I totally agree with RaiseHell!
I am one of those pod fans still racing on IO as a fair driver, as all other lonely souls, left on that lousy planet ! :rob:

Ok, serious now: I didn't see any small risk to get pod cheaters.
All guys who still lplay the old cult game do it just to have fun together racing via IP connection together for fun, not against other as cheaters!
Invité

Message par Invité »

Anonymous a écrit :I totally agree with RaiseHell!
I am one of those pod fans still racing on IO as a fair driver, as all other lonely souls, left on that lousy planet ! :rob:

Ok, serious now: I didn't see any small risk to get pod cheaters.
All guys who still play the old cult game do it just to have fun together racing via IP connection , not against others as cheaters!

These times are over since banana car was forbidden.
Bandie

Message par Bandie »

sorry, I wasn't logged in correct: I did the last 2 updates.
Bandie here..
Megapolpod_Guest

Message par Megapolpod_Guest »

Thats exactly the Thing i mean. If anybody ask Skubidou or Sik for some information, you will always get this answer. The Pod Community is very small, and so nobody can understand that.

And then if you asked enough, nobody will answer.

Skubidou and Sik wants closed source, nico and the other wants open source.

the game is now 10 years old ;)

i hope the other can understand me better then the last post
Rob

Yeah

Message par Rob »

Strange, when I last asked Sik for the source code, he gave it to me without arguing ! I wanted those datas to print them on a A3 paper sheet to make a poster in my bedroom. Yeah I know the concept is cool...my invention !

Maybe Sik don't give you that code because he thinks you'll do some bad things with it ! Like hack through the matrix or something...

Who knows ? :velu:
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

That's great cause I lost those files... Perhaps you could send them to him Rob ? :keskidi:
Rob

Aaah

Message par Rob »

Too bad I threw the files to my garbage bin right after printing them ! But I still have my A3 poster with a part of the code printed on it ! Do you think it can help ?
Dernière modification par Rob le 13 sept. 2007 19:36, modifié 1 fois.
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

Well maybe someone could do some reverse engineering from your poster and get the source code again ?
Megapolpod_Guest

That is a good joke Siklist. But i dont think that is true what you are telling about that.

But there is a question again. When me, Nico, Bandie and Mecury dont get any informations why hast skubidou then uploadet the description of the file format on his old server?

This is the question which i ask

http://skubidou.free.fr/Pod/BLx-Format/ ... 200.5c.rar

its crypted but anybody needs the description and will get it without problems.

why should i do bad things with that? i dont understand this, i only asked to much. I am a big Fan of that game and this is only why i want to help improving things and helping in development, but since i asked the first time, i always get these answers.

i dont think its only me, because other poddies will not get any informations about all that things.

after 10 years that is not so good i find. i dont want to do bad things, that know you.

i think i am speeking also for the others in this case
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Megapolpod_Guest a écrit :But there is a question again. When me, Nico, Bandie and Mecury dont get any informations why hast skubidou then uploadet the description of the file format on his old server?
Argh, i will finally think that i can't do jokes as good as Rob and Sik :cry: Or are my jokes too real, too complexe? :roll:
Megapolpod_Guest a écrit :This is the question which i ask

http://skubidou.free.fr/Pod/BLx-Format/ ... 200.5c.rar

its crypted but anybody needs the description and will get it without problems.
Ah, you finnaly got it ;) I knew that you would find it :D

I think that if it would be so easy to uncrypted it, you would not ask the question here... I can not help you to uncrypt it because i have lost the password (in fact i have never note the password, but it's something like 20-30 caracters with special ones). But it's not important... if the only thing you want is the file in this rar file, here is the non compressed version:
http://skubidou.free.fr/Pod/BLx-Format/ ... 200.5c.pdf

Rob, is it the same poster you have in your bedroom? :P

Skubidou:~
Bandie

Message par Bandie »

..very crazy what's going on here french guys!
Rob

Yay !

Message par Rob »

Hey Skubi that's it ! Pod's core itself ! Winnie and Bourriquet ! I love it, I wouldn't give that poster to anyone, it's pure art. Can you rev-engineer something from this one ?
Last time I tried I could find a few datas related to objects coordinates and cars specificities. A friend of mine did a great job recording all those cars datas into special very handy files. Unfortunately, he never finished the job and I still don't know if the Arakn's acceleration is higher than the Stinger's. Damned !

@Bandie : Obviously we're talking about some very serious matter around here. To be honest I'm not involved in this at all, I was just feeling like cheering the atmosphere up. If you have any question about the code and those things, I think you should ask Sik or Skubi :chè pas:
NicoDE

Message par NicoDE »

Well, no comment :D
Garreth

Message par Garreth »

hey Rob, maybe you could scan your poster and get the shit out with some software such as omnipage ? no ? really ? :wc:
Megapolpod_Guest

Thats a real good joke, with the *.rar file and with the poster. Both things are good jokes.

i dont think that you lost anything of the sourcecode. you are only to lazy to find it.

i think this theard is only a joke, i never think that skubidou and sik will share anything to other interested poddies.

and that after 10 years.
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

:tennis grognon:
Rob

Message par Rob »

Megapolpod_Guest a écrit : i think this theard is only a joke, i never think that skubidou and sik will share anything to other interested poddies. and that after 10 years.
I thank thit threas id onle a joky all wes ! :rtfm:
Dfg

Re: Yay !

Message par Dfg »

Rob a écrit :Hey Skubi that's it ! Pod's core itself ! Winnie and Bourriquet ! I love it, I wouldn't give that poster to anyone, it's pure art. Can you rev-engineer something from this one ?
You already engineered something from the poster Rob. Something which is in the pure spirit of Winnie and Bourriquet ... don't remember ? It was very ..... square ....

:ké boulet:
Répondre