Proposed Track

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Répondre
Leadbest

Proposed Track

Message par Leadbest »

I spent about an hour cutting and pasting until I came up with this. None of these sections are actually attached yet. Its like a big unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

You tell me, is this worth making?

I dont want to make too many of this type tracks.

Spin, Special, Parking, Road70, Plant21, HQ, Cocoon... so far.
Dernière modification par Leadbest le 26 oct. 2003 19:18, modifié 1 fois.
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Cocoon, Special... I didn't recognize all but I like it already :)
Invité

Message par Invité »

Lapartie bleueestcaracteristique de Spin.
Je pense reconnaitre la roue de Loon.
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

LB, generally I think any new track is worth making ;-) I just tested Forgetit and, well, although I love the way you glued it all together - I have to say, forget it! ;-) You managed to build a track that I definitely don't enjoy RACING on. It's fun to cruise around and enjoy the swift IO breeze, but racing this thing is a pain in the a$$, lol.

Unfortunately I'm too preoccupied with studies, otherwise I'd be working on a new track as well. I began working on a section last week, but I guess it'll have to wait.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

No, No, No, Not a forgetit2 :cry: ;)

Let us the time to digest the first one before speaking about another ;)

Let also me the time to jump in my code again to try to export polygons params like wall, ... I first need to re-install my Windows because all the tests made on my Max4.2 with MS patches bug, is that now, i'm in a Max4.0 and partially corrupted :cry:

Skubidou:~
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

oh yeah, I forgot to ask something. How the hell did you manage to make the railgun from Magnetic work for Forgetit? What do you have to do? Apply certain smoothing groups to the specific section of the track?
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

LB:

:? I still can't get those missing textures, it could be a glitch within my video card configuration. I run the original tracks and is fine.

I do have a question though; why does the textures show up "opaque"? Again, in the original tracks the colors are very vibrant without changing any configurations to the video card. the video card is a V5.

As Vortex said, any new track is worth making. It helps make this game stay alive and interesting. :ACDC:

Bytheway I recognize PARKING, HQ and P21 too.

:idea: How about pasting all the fast short tracks like BANK, ROC, NUKE, DOWNTOWN and CITY (tough one).

:keskidi: This could serve as a good test for deciding who really is the fastest driver. :rob:

Just a suggestion :gump:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Vortex:

Assign the polygons SG 9 to make them walls. Assign them SG 11 then they are invisible. Im sure you noticed you are hitting the polygons from the invisible side? This makes the polygon "pull" your car through.

Skubi made a good point in an earlier thread, if the last polygon is wall you might get stuck on it. In the sections I used, the last polygon is vertical ( | ) so there is no problem. You just pull on through and land on the road.

The elevators in Reverse Parking and Reverse Spin have the last polygon horizontal ( --- ), so make that last polygon a road polygon or you end up vibrating and cant move because you are sitting on a flat wall.

And yes, Forgetit is a motherfker to race on unless you are a hardcore like Algor, Rob and me. LOL I manage to not hit anything sometimes.

I definitely accept the fact that not everybody will like the tracks.
----------------------------

Freddy:

It is definitely your video card. Forgetit uses 30 images, and a Voodoo card can only handle 20 at one time. I have tried to figure out how I can use only 20 and still have the track "look" right, but... It was hard enough to get it to fit in 30. :?

The opaque textures? Hmm I dont know unless its the luminosity weight settings on the vertices. I havent noticed a difference, but I will make some tests to see what happens.

----------------------------

Skubidou:

I am aware I had surface properties problems with Forgetit. I am claiming "artistic liscense" on that, LOL. I have fixed probably all of the major problems.

This proposed track is definitely not going to be totally stock in the sections, one is already going downhill when it supposed to be uphill.

Im not sure if I can tell if you approve or not. :?: If not, hey no problem.
If Im stepping on anybodys toes here, tell me.

me/ dont wanna end up like Flywheel.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

LB,

I'm not sure to correctly understand the last paragraph, so here are my answers ;)

For a classic track fan like me (and Algor), i approuve tracks like theses, and i agree that making new tracks keeps pod alive, but making to much tracks in a too small period is not ,in my sense, good. When Ubisoft released one track each week, they were 'simple' tracks and short, not nightmare, and there were so many people that each one can drive the track he prefered, and i didn't bother forgetting a track, and passing directly to the next. If a nightmare track is realesed each week, we don't have time to succeed the first one and to appreciate it :cry: So simply let us the time to fully appreciate the first one before to release the sequel... :D

More over, much of us are now working, having familly, ... and don't have time to play pod 3 hours a day like in the past....We are also more mature and want to taste and appreciate the track, not simply eating it like in the past ;)

For the track polygons params, as said before, it doesn't matter that the track is different from the original, it's even better. So if you want to modify this or that polygon param, i completely agree. If i propose to try to export them, it's simply because you have had several problems that you needed to correct in forgetit, and i think it would be better if you can start from the real params, and modify them when you really want than starting from bad params (not bad, but put by 'sensation' :?: ) and then trying to correct them when this doesn't work...

P.S.: Who is Flywheel :?: Forgetit :!: ;)
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

Assign the polygons SG 9 to make them walls. Assign them SG 11 then they are invisible.
uhh Assign the polygons SG1 to make them Goa'ulds repellant ? :tain c'est d'la bonne: :témor:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Ok I am good with your feelings Skubi.

I wont release anything for about a month, maybe two. I start a new job Wednesday, and am busy with my nervous energy.

I also understand there are about 5 players who will ever really drive anything I make, so these are for them. But mostly, I do it for myself. :)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Leadbest a écrit :But mostly, I do it for myself. :)
Arghhh, very bad thinking ;)

In 2 month, we will able to play it on Pod3 from Sik? ;)

Good Luck for your work.

megapolpod

Message par megapolpod »

can every member become pod 3?
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Arg Skubi, I hate you : you have stop Leadbest :(
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

can every member become pod 3?
:keskidi: That is the question my dear friend.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Algor38 a écrit :Arg Skubi, I hate you : you have stop Leadbest :(
No, just slow down ;)

Member of what? :gump:

Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

eh eh :)

LB, if you do it before for yourself, you can sent me all new tracks, and Skubi will wait as he want ;)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Algor, you're not allowed to download the next track until you succeed 99% of the Factory scut you try... ;)

Freddy

Message par Freddy »

Skubidou a écrit : In 2 month, we will able to play it on Pod3 from Sik?
:?: The million euros question is:

:shock: What is POD 3?

:? I am about to start POnDering again
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

Leadbest a écrit :
I wont release anything for about a month, maybe two.

I also understand there are about 5 players who will ever really drive anything I make, so these are for them.
;) LB, I hope I am one of those players.

:idea: I volunteer to be the "beta tester" for your tracks :rob:
Répondre